For those who are more advanced and willing to take on the challenge, I offer a second level of caking classes on how to assemble and decorate a topsy turvy cake. You know, the kind that looks like it's falling over? In this class, you will:
- Make and assemble a two-tiered topsy turvy cake
- Make marshmallow fondant to cover & decorate your cake
- Discuss the different methods of making a topsy cake (we will focus on one method in particular but it's important for you to know the difference types available)
- Torte and frost your cakes (frosting a topsy cake is trickier than a flat cake)
- Stack your tiered cake successfully using proper support structures (which are used in any tiered cake structure)
- Make marbelized fondant, inlays, streamers, and shooting stars that can be used to decorate your cake
- Decorate the 2-tiered cake with the fondant decorations you make in class
- Just as the last class, you will get a detailed binder with all of the information covered in class along with a whole new set of recipes to take home and try
This class is 100% hands-on and all materials are supplied for you. Generally, the class is 4 to 4.5 hours long and is a more challenging course with a higher level of difficulty. Just as the first class, there are only 4-5 spots available so that you can get personalized training. Come ready with any questions you have and we can work through them all in class. Because of the added difficulty and amount of cake, the class is $125 and a $20 deposit is needed to hold your spot in class.
Salt Cake City Cake Class gift certificates are available for this class as well! Email me to get one for a friend today!